PAGEVIEWS

Monday, August 29, 2011

TIME TO TRAVEL

Although a Barcelona trip is fairly imminent, its always time to travel, with time on my hands.  Heading for Wroclaw very early tomorrow morning and a train should get me there by 12.30. The last time I was in Wroclaw, many years ago, many hundreds of people were standing on the river bank and bridges watching the waters rise, waiting for the deluge to swamp the city centre. Hopefully my feet will remain dry this time. 
Sandbags at the doors of the cathedral 1997. My photo
It seems that Poland's economy, a bit of a rarity in Europe, is booming at the moment so it might be interesting to see one country where people are actually excited about the future. Is it my imagination, or are those countries not using the Euro faring better than those that are involved in a currency that is fraught with problems?

No comments: